MOT Swindon - Book Online Now
Using Automax's Online MOT Booking System
If you need an MOT in Swindon or the surrounding area come to Automax where our highly trained and experienced mechanics will look after your vehicle like it is their own. We offer affordable class 4 MOT Testing at our testing station in Swindon.
Do I need an MOT Test?
In the UK the law states that every vehicle 3 years old or older is required to have a valid MOT Certificate. This must be renewed every year. Failure to have a valid MOT can result in a £1000 Fine.
Below is a list of items that are checked during an MOT test. These are set out by the DVSA (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Drivers View of the Road
- Emission control equipment
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Fluid leaks - engine, transmission and so on
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment (Inc fog lamps & reversing lights)
- Noise suppression material
- Steering (Including suspension)
- Seat Belts
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Undertray security
You can always perform a few simple Pre MOT Checks to avoid failing for easily fixable reasons.
If you would like some more info about the MOT Test or have any questions about your MOT please call Automax on 01793 979034 or complete our Contact form.